Last Updated: January 04, 2022
FieldEquip’s Privacy Commitment
Users’ personal information and privacy is the most important thing for FieldEquip from the time when FieldEquip was founded as a division of Bursys. We never ask unusual information from our users or website visitors instead we only ask for the required amount of information that is essential to proceed with further communication and business. We help customers to tell them about the information that we are gathering and allow them to opt out or unsubscribe from the email list or special engagements whenever they want. Our major commitment regarding to users’ privacy is that we never sale the collected user information such as Email ID, Name, Phone/Mobile numbers or any kind of personal information to any third-party websites or other companies for the purpose of relevant/irrelevant advertising or making revenue.
The goal of this policy is to keep our users updated with the information that we gather from our customers, users or website visitors, where we will use it, how we will use it, and how we will not. This way you as a customer or user will easily get to know that the information that we are gathering from you is protectively secured with us and never used for any unusual manner. We hope that by explaining & helping you understand our personal data gathering & protection practices, we will develop a trusting and long-lasting relationship with you.
To help you easily understand the policy, we have divided it into 3 different parts:
Part I – Information FieldEquip Collects, Controls & Usage
In this part, you will come to know how FieldEquip collects and uses your personal information when you interact FieldEquip as a website visitor, potential customer, user of FieldEquip's products and services, Filled the contact form, Email Us, Chat, Phone Call or any other way that FieldEquip is offering for interaction.
Part II – Information that FieldEquip Processes on Your behalf
In this part, you will understand how FieldEquip handles the personal data that you share with FieldEquip team when you use our products and services, or while requesting customer support or just subscribing our newsletter.
Part III – General Information & Data Security
Part I – Information FieldEquip collects, controls & Usage
What Information FieldEquip Collects
FieldEquip collects the users’ information only if we need the information for further communication, customer support or for some legitimate purpose. FieldEquip will have information about you only if
- You have provided the information yourself.
- FieldEquip has automatically collected the information.
- FieldEquip has obtained the information from a third party.
Below mentioned points clearly explains the types of information we may collect from you or that you may provide when you access or use FieldEquip Site/Services/Products.
Information that you Personally Provide us
Automatically Collected Information
- Contact Us Form: When you fill the contact form for one or more of our services or subscribe to our blog newsletter, we ask for information like your name, contact number, email address etc. This will help us to contact you easily for further discussion of our services. At the same time, you will be admitted to our email database on MailChimp (Email Marketing Platform that we use to contact our customers) for further engaging emails with our services & products.
- Account signup: The FieldEquip mobile app is not for generic user. It is for only those users & companies who are using FieldEquip application services & products. Once an account is created for a user to use our mobile app or web app, an activation email is sent to that user & we asks for the password to set for your account. Once you set your password, you will be able to use your account with the required username & password. Your username & password & other details are stored in our database.
- Events & Conferences: If you are visiting any events that FieldEquip team is also attending, then we may ask your details such as your name, mobile number, email ID etc. We store these details in our database for further communication. However, you can opt out any time by sending unsubscribing email to us.
The technologies we use for automatic data collection may include:
Information that We Collect From Third Party, Agents & Contractors
- Information from web browsers, devices and servers: When you visit our websites from any of the channel (Social Media, Search Engine or Any), we collect information that web browsers, mobile devices and servers make available, such as the internet protocol address, language & location preference, browser type, time zone, referring URL, date and time of access, operating system, mobile device manufacturer and mobile network information. We collect this information in our log files to understand more about visitors to our websites.
- Cookies (or browser cookies): We use temporary and permanent cookies to get information about the website visitors & users of our services in order to enhance user experience. Check our complete cookies policy here.
- Information from application logs: We automatically collect the information related to the usage of our products and services from application logs. This information is used by our team to understand how you use FieldEquip application so that we can improve our products.
We are using different third-party platforms to make our services better for the users. We collect or may collect several types of information about users of the website or advertisements run by FieldEquip on these third-party platforms. It includes the following but not limited to:
What is the Purposes of Using Information that We Collected?
- Google Analytics: Google Analytics Tool builds a permanent cookie on the web browser that you are using to identify you as a unique user for that particular website & the next time you visit that site. This cookie can be used by Google only. We have placed Google Analytics tool on our website to track the clicks, bounces, pages visited, location etc. for analysis of user engagement with our website.
- AdWords/Facebook/LinkedIn Analytics: Fieldequip is connected with many other analytic tools such as AdWords, Facebook, LinkedIn or any other services provider platform where FieldEquip has presence, If you contact us using these different service providers then these service providers will authenticate your identity and give you the option to share certain personal information with us, such as your name and email address.
- Information from social media sites and other publicly available sources: If you leave comment on our social media posts and share your information with us like Name, Email ID or Phone number, then we manually store your information into our email database for further communication. However, you can opt out any time by sending unsubscribing email to us.
In addition to the purposes mentioned above, we may use your information for the following purposes:
Your choices in regards with the information use
- To send you the blog posts, newsletters, event details and other information that we think will be of interest to you.
- To provide you the FieldEquip Services that you have access for, related content and the other products and services that you request to use from us.
- To provide customer support.
- Where the use of your information is necessary for the performance of a contract we are about to enter or have entered with you.
- To enable Service Providers to perform certain responsibilities and provide certain services in connection with our business and operations.
- To make the systematic UI improvements in the app based on user interaction with the website.
Who we share your information with
- Opt out / Unsubscribe from Email List/Messages: You may opt out of receiving newsletters, blog updates, product updates and other non-essential messages by using the ‘unsubscribe’ option given in all such Emails or messages. However, you will continue to receive notices and essential transactional emails. You can send us unsubscribe email also to opt out of email database.
- Disable cookies or Use Incognito Window: You can disable browser cookies before visiting our websites. However, if you do so, you may not be able to use certain features of the websites properly. You can use incognito window feature which are specifically created not to store cookies by most of the leading web browsers.
- Not to Fill Optional Information: You can choose not to provide optional profile information such as your photo, home address etc.
Your rights with respect to information we hold about you as a controller
- To the employees and team of FieldEquip so that we can help you in offering the right services and products depending upon your needs.
- To third party vendors we use to support our business.
- Service Providers that handle our communication preferences such as SMS, Email and Push Notifications.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
We have given many choices to our users in order to provide the personal data to us. We have given full authority to our users to control the information that they have provided us via different mechanisms:
Your Right to Access and Correct Your Personal Data
- Push notifications: If you have enabled notification on your desktop and mobile applications, we will push notifications through a push notification provider. You have the full authority to manage the preferences related to push notifications. You can deactivate these notifications by turning off notifications in the application or device settings.
- Location Services: If you have enabled the location services, the FieldEquip app will, from time to time, collects your device location even if you are not directly interacting with the application (in foreground and background modes). You can deactivate this service by turning off in the application or device settings.
- Right to rectification: You have the full right to get your personal information updated in our records. If you find that we have inaccurate information in our records, you can raise a request to rectify that information. Based on the purpose for which we use your information, you can tell us to add or remove or update any information about you in our database.
- Right to Erase/ Delete: You have the right to request to delete or erase your personal information in some cases such as when it is no longer necessary for the purpose for which it was originally collected.
It is recommended that you contact us if you want to request access to, change, correct or delete any personal data that you have provided to us for any purpose. You can contact us via e-mail at email@example.com. However, we have the full right to cancel a request to change personal data or other information if we believe that this change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
If you delete your User profile, personal information or content from any of the FieldEquip Services (including any User Content stored in the cloud), then it might be possible that the copies of your User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or might have been copied or stored by other users of the Servers or the Site. Proper access and use of information provided on or through any of the FieldEquip Services, including User Content, are governed by the Terms and Conditions.
Retention of Information
We retain your personal information for as long as we believe it is required to fulfill the purpose for which you have provided it. Sometimes, we may retain your information for longer periods if we believe it is required in future as permitted or required by law, such as to prevent abuse. We may retain your information for longer periods in connection with a legal claim or proceeding, to enforce our agreements, for tax, accounting, or to comply with other legal obligations. When we no longer have a need to process your information for any of the legal purpose then we will delete your information from our databases. We will also securely store the information on backup discs until deletion is possible.
Part II – Information that FieldEquip processes on your behalf
Information Entrusted to FieldEquip and Purpose
Ownership and controlling of your Processed data
- Information provided in connection with services: You may entrust information that you or your organization (“you”) control, to FieldEquip in connection with use of our services. This includes information regarding your customers (Emails, Name, Phone Number, Designation, Company etc.) and your employees (if you are a controller) or data that you hold and use on behalf of another person for a specific purpose, such as a customer to whom you provide services (if you are a processor). The data is stored on our servers when you or your further customers use our services.
- Information from mobile devices: Our mobile application allows you to access the app using fingerprint sensor or face reading that require access to your mobile camera. We are not taking any of your photos access however the PDF files or images that you will upload to our app, we may have access to those files & images. Similarly, when you elect to provide access, location-based information is also collected for purposes of the services that you or your further customer are taking from FieldEquip. This information will be exclusively shared with the location API provider such as Google Maps. We are storing the location-based data on our servers. The location information to which the mobile application has access will be used in the context of the mobile application and transferred to and associated with your account in the corresponding services.
All the information that you or your customers are sharing with us while using our product or service, we provide you complete control of that data. You have the full ownership of that data, can access whenever you want, share it using third party integrations or can update, delete or export any time.
Who we share processed data with
Retention of Information
- Employees, Contractors & Service Providers: We may provide access to the processed data to our employees, Independent contractors or Service Providers of the FieldEquip to fulfill purposes such as (i) identify, analyze and resolve app & website errors, (ii) manually verify emails reported as spam (iii) fraudulent detection. We ensure that the processed data is accessed by only specific employees after doing the complete verification and audited time to time. This way we will ensure that who is getting access to your processed data and where it is used. Our employees will have that data also which you have shared with us to provide technical support on your behalf as we are the core technical team of the product that you are purchased or subscribed our services. We often remind and communicate our employees, contractors and service providers about the data protection & privacy guidelines that are created and developed by FieldEquip to ensure customer privacy.
- Third-party integrations you have enabled: We may share your information with our service providers and other third parties who perform services on our behalf, listed in our Subvendor List. We recommend you review the privacy practices of the third-party services and products before you enable integrations with them.
We retain your processing data in your account as long as you choose to use FieldEquip Services. Once you terminate your FieldEquip user account or services, we will delete the data from our database. However, it might be stored in the caching or archive files which will be cleared during the next clean-up that occurs generally in 6 months.
Part III – General
Children’s Personal Information
Our products and services are not created to use for children who are under the age that is prescribed by labor law of the country. The minimum age limit for professional working is different for each country. FieldEquip does not knowingly collect personal information from children who are under the minimum working age limit. If we come to know that children under age of working age limit has provided us with personal information, we will take steps to delete such information or we will contact the customer who is using FieldEquip services. After clarification from Customer, further steps would be taken.
How We Secure is Your Information
At FieldEquip, your personal information & processing data is secured under the efficient safeguards. We use advanced administrative, technical & physical safeguards to protect your data from theft or unauthorized access. This prevents unwanted modification, disclosure or destruction of the information that you share with us. If you have any concerns regarding the security of your data, please contact the data protection officer.
Data Protection Officer
Locations and International Transfers
We share your personal information and processed data within the FieldEquip Group only. By accessing or using our products and services or providing personal information or processed data to us, you consent to the processing, transfer, and storage of your personal information or process data within the United States of America, the European Economic Area (EEA) and other countries where FieldEquip operates. Such transfer is subject to a group company agreement that is based on EU Commission’s Model Contractual Clauses.
Do Not Track (DNT) Requests
Some internet browsers are offering 'Do Not Track' (DNT) features, which actually send the signal to the websites indicating that you don't wish to be tracked. Currently, there is no standard that governs what websites can or should do when they receive these signals. For now, we do not act in response to these signals.
External links on Our Websites
Blogs and Forums
We offer publicly accessible blogs on our website. Any information that you provide on these blogs in terms of comments, replies to comments etc. may be used to contact you. Your name & comments might be publicly available for other users to read and react. We suggest you to be aware while disclosing personal information in our blogs. FieldEquip is not responsible for the personal information that you elect to disclose publicly.
Social Media Widgets
Disclosures in Compliance with Legal Obligations
We may be required by law to save or disclose your personal information or your processed data on any type of legal process or governmental request without restriction, including to meet national security requirements.
Enforcement of Our Rights
We may disclose & share your personal information and processed data to a third party if we believe that such disclosure is necessary for preventing fraud, investigating any suspected illegal activity, enforcing our agreements or policies, spam detection, or protecting the safety of our users.
Notification of changes
Information for EU based Individuals
Notification of changes
EU-U.S. Privacy Shield onward transfer: For personal data transferred from the EU to the U.S. or other third country not determined to meet EU adequacy requirements, if we transfer your personal data to a third party, we will ensure that the third party is contractually obligated to process your data only for limited, specific purposes consistent with this policy. We will also ensure that the third party will apply the same level of protection to that data as the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles and will notify us if it makes a determination that it can no longer meet this obligation. FieldEquip may be potentially liable if these requirements are not met.
Limiting the use and disclosure of individual personal data: In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, we are committed to take only required personal data from the individuals. We provide the options to individual to limit the disclosure & update their personal data by following means.
- User may decline to share certain personal information with us, in which case we may not be able to provide some of the features and functionality of our Services or fulfill user requests. For example, we need user’s email address to authenticate user and perform account services such as password resets, or to provide customer support to user.
- Users has the choice to decide ‘opt out’ or ‘asking for consent’ (e.g. we will not share your information with third parties for a purpose that is materially different from original purposes without your consent). Users has full right to choose whether they want their personal information to be shared with third parties that are unrelated to original purposes.
- If user have enabled notification on their desktop and mobile applications, we will push notifications through a push notification provider. User have the full authority to manage the preferences related to push notifications. User can deactivate these notifications by turning off notifications in the application or device settings.
- If user have enabled the location services, the FieldEquip app will, from time to time, collects user device location even if user is not directly interacting with the application (in foreground and background modes). User can deactivate this service by turning off in the application or device settings.
- Users have the full right to get their personal information updated in our records. If they find that we have inaccurate information in our records, then they can raise a request to rectify or delete that information.
- Users may opt out of receiving promotional communications from FieldEquip by using the unsubscribe link within each email. Note that, as long as user maintain an account with us, they will continue to receive administrative & promotional messages from us regarding the services.
- Users may ask questions or make complaints about our privacy and data security practices with regard to their personal data.
- Under certain limited conditions and circumstances, users have a right to invoke binding arbitration under Privacy Shield.
- FieldEquip is subject to the investigatory and enforcement powers of the Federal Trade Commission (the “FTC”), the Department of Transportation or any other U.S. authorized statutory body.
To exercise any of these options, or for additional information about our privacy and data security practices, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Complaints, Questions and Arbitration: In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, FieldEquip, Inc. commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy, please send an email to email@example.com
FieldEquip, Inc. has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU.